Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bedford, Bleeker, and Cupcakes


My new favorite street in New York is Bedford. Georgie and I have taken this street on our walks the last few days. I love Bedford because it is such a quaint, Old World kind of street lined with quiet cafes and 100 year old town houses (probably older than that!) When you walk Bedford in the evening, you can smell the aromas from each cafe as you pass.

Cafe Henri is one of the cafes on Bedford and also happens to be one of my favorite spots to eat. John and I met here for a very nice lunch today. I had the lemon and sugar crepe with a cafe au lait and John had the leek goat cheese crepe with perrier.
John and I then walked one street over to Bleeker to visit The Magnolia Bakery for some dessert. Okay, so for me it was like a second dessert since I just had a lemon sugar crepe, but oh well. The Magnolia Bakery is one of the those New York land marks that everyone should try when they come to visit. This picture (which is actually an older picture that I found on the internet) shows how long people will wait in line for one of these cupcakes. Luckily, we did not have a line like this today, but there was a line forming out the door as we were leaving!

The best part of visiting the Magnolia Bakery is taking your cupcakes to the park across the street and eating them with your sweetheart.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a really nice part of town! And I will have to try those cupcakes sometime!

    ReplyDelete