Thursday, July 17, 2008

New York, New York!!

Hi Everyone! John and I finally made it to New York last Saturday evening (July 12) after a fun cross-country trip that took us through 12 states...Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, New Jersey, and New York. We stopped in Oklahoma for a few days to visit John's family, then made stops in Kansas City, Missouri; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Washington D.C. before finally arriving in the Big Apple. It was so surreal (and emotional!) to see the Statue of Liberty in the distance as we approached the city. I am so happy to finally be here with John. The last few days have been blissful and totally wonderful as we embark on a really exciting time in our lives.

I have a long list of things to do as I get settled in to my new home, one of which is to get the internet wired up in the apartment so that I can keep up with the blog. I'm at an internet cafe right now on a public computer, so I can't post pictures right now. But don't worry...I promise I will be blogging my heart out as soon as I can do it from home!

Hope everyone is well!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cassie! Welcome to your new home! I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures in the Big City, and see you this summer! Lots of love, AP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where you were. It sounds like you both had a fun trip and I hope you get the internet hooked up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i couldn't miss anyone more if i tried (and believe me, i have)

    ReplyDelete