Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mushroom and Potato Soup with Rosemary

This soup is so delicious! I came across the recipe in one of my newer cookbooks, "The Quilter's Kitchen", a short novel with recipes interwoven into the story. The rosemary and potato are what I really love about this soup.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 lb sliced mushrooms
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tbsp sherry
1 box chicken broth (or beef)
2 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup cream
salt and pepper
Heat oil and butter in soup pot. Add onion, cook 8 minutes over medium. Add mushrooms and rosemary, cook 15 minutes. Raise heat to high and add sherry, broth, and potatoes. Bring to boil and then simmer 20 minutes. Transfer solids to a blender and puree. Return to broth and stir in cream. Season with salt and pepper.
Delicious with crusty bread!

2 comments:

  1. I love your recipes on here. It really gives me lots of great ideas. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! I'm so glad you like the recipes!

    ReplyDelete