Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dinner Date with John

John took me to Raoul's for dinner tonight, a French restaurant across the street from our apartment. In all the seven years that I have been coming to New York, I've probably walked by this restaurant a million times, but never tried it until tonight. It was delicious! I had the steak au poive with pomme frites and it was fantastic.

This restaurant was also used for a scene in the "Sex in the City" movie. It was used for the Valentine's Day night where Miranda and Carrie meet for dinner and then have a fight. John was actually an extra in this scene (a single guy sitting at the bar alone), but they cut the shots he was in. But he was in the room for that entire scene!

I wish I could take credit for these pictures, but I found them on Google. I like the picture above because it's the scene I see everyday when I walk out of the aparment.


I also found this picture from Raoul's website which is the exact view of the restaurant we had from our booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment