Saturday, December 12, 2009

Date Night - Prairie Home Companion

Tonight John and I had one of our best date nights ever. We went to a live broadcast of "Prairie Home Companion" which is something I have been wanting to do since I was about 8 years old! Next to our wedding day, it was one of the most exciting experiences of my life!

I snuck this picture (photography wasn't allowed) at the end of the show. You can see Garrison Keillor in the red tie in the center. On the far left you can see Yo-Yo Ma, one of the musical guests. He as amazing! We also heard music from The Assad Brothers, Connie Evingson, and Inga Swearingen.



John in front of The Town Hall in Times Square where the show is broadcast...

...and John in front of the marquee.













Afterwards we went out for cherry pie a la mode and coffee at a nearby diner and then walked to Herald Square to see the window displays at Macy's.














Here I am in front of one of the windows...a wild display of letters to Santa spinning in a spiraling funnel.




Today was also a day of celebrations. My little brother CJ turned 25...Happy Birthday CJ! Also, my dear friend Missy had her baby shower. I wish I could have been with both of you today to help you celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. That's so great that you got to see that! Good job sneaking a picture! :)

    ReplyDelete