Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving in South Carolina

John and I spent Thanksgiving in South Carolina on my extended family's farm.







One of the highlights of our trip was feeding the cows. Their tongues are much larger in real life than they appear in the pictures!



Richard lauging at a cow that was sniffing out more bread to gobble.







This was the largest Thanksgiving dinner I have ever attended. Believe it or not, I'm related to nearly all these people! I took this picture just before our hay ride to the cow pastures.
Josh tried riding the cows, even if for a split second! I snapped this picture just as the cow bumped him off.








Lizzie and I were really excited to discover a beautiful flowering shrub (we thought it might be peonies, but we're not sure) behind our great grandmother's house.
Me posing near one of the ponds on the farm...






...and John in the same spot.
John with Uncle Jimmy, my grandmother's younger brother...







...and mom with Aunt Dot, my grandmother's younger sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment