Saturday, May 3, 2008

Shadowboxes at Shadowbriar

This is a miniature room that I made from a Capri Sun box. I made this last fall as an example when my fifth graders were doing a similar project. I spent an entire weekend making this and had the best time!
This spring my fifth graders are doing another shoebox project that I call "Artist in a Box." Guess which artist this fifth grader is doing... This student is doing a John Newsom box also. She was one of the students who actually got to meet John last year when he spent the day in my classroom as a "guest artist". Notice the books and pencil on his blue desk.This is the John Newsom box I made as an example for the assignment. It's not finished in this picture, so you can still see the uncovered cereal box This is the back of my John Newsom box...

No comments:

Post a Comment