Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pot Roast Pinwheels - not sushi!

Last week I made a beef pot roast in my crock pot for the first time which was DELICIOUS. I had enough roast to feed the two of us for an entire week, but I also wanted to avoid serving the same plate of meat and potatoes every night. Using what I already had in the fridge, I came up with this:
John thinks they look like sushi. Even though they are made basically the same way as sushi, the name "pot roast sushi" doesn't really work for me since I am a non-seafood eater. I instead choose to call them Pot Roast Pinwheels, even though the name is a little silly.
I started by spreading a thin layer of cream cheese and dijon mustard over two flour tortillas. Then added finely shredded or chopped pot roast, chopped green onions, arugula, and black pepper.
Then I rolled up the tortillas, sliced them into bite-size segments and voila!
These could be served right away, but they hold their shape better if wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerated a few hours before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment