Sunday, September 6, 2009

Neighborhood Treats

Here are a few of our favorite treats from around the neighborhood that we've enjoyed recently...

Italian sandwiches from Alidoro...
All the sandwiches on the menu are given real names. This one, the Alyssa, is made on semolina bread with shaved chicken breast, mozzarella, arugula, and balsamic vinegar. I love that there is nothing too fancy about this sandwich. It's just really fresh and high quality ingredients that make a difference.






John and I have also discovered the World's Greatest iced coffee! It's a new Columbian coffee shop on Prince Street and I'm not kidding when I say that this really is the best iced coffee I have ever tasted. John took me to try it after my return from Texas in July and I've had it a few times since then. There's absolutely no acidity, it's really smooth, and has a slightly chocolate aftertaste. I'm just curious to find out what "Torrefaction" means.

No comments:

Post a Comment