Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Opening Night at the Met Opera

John and I were very fortunate to be invited to opening night at the Met Opera the other night. We had an amazing experience!
In the cab on our way to Lincoln Center.
Here we are in front of Lincoln Center.
And another shot full length - we looked pretty hot ; )
Another shot of Lincoln Center and the banner for a new opera, "Doctor Atomic".
Inside Lincoln Center...everyone is mingling, having champagne, and getting ready to find their seats. There were lots of celebrities at the opera, including Martha Stewart (who I got to meet!) It looks like "Ugly Betty" made it into the picture too! At the risk of sounding like a star-struck dork, I have to share all the names of famous people and artists John and I encountered at the opera (celebrity sightings are still pretty exciting for me!)...Martha Stewart, Ellsworth Kelly, Zac Posen, Helena Christianson, Parker Posey, John Lithgow, Blythe Danner, Francesco Clemente, Faye Dunaway, Henry Kissenger, and Jeff Koons. It was a pretty big night for this little Baytown Brigadier (as my dad put it)!

This is the Marc Chagall painting that hangs in Lincoln Center.
We were very fortunate to also be invited to the dinner afterwards. This dessert was created in honor of Renee Fleming, the famous soprano who was the star of the show.
Our wonderful friend, Richard and his beautiful guest, Helianthe.
The future Mr. and Mrs. Newsom!

Richard's friends, Eugene and Denise.
The amazing tent where the dinner was held.
This is the best picture of my dress...I loved my dress!
Richard and John.
Richard, John, and Cassie


1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful dress and you both look great! I think the celebrity sightings are really cool and it would be fun to hear about the other celebrities you've been seeing around town.
    We see some Swedish celebrities here in Stockholm, but I usually don't know who they are and Måns has to tell me, so not as exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete