Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Election Day and Victory Celebration

November 4th was a very special day for so many reasons. I was so thrilled that Barack Obama was elected our next President on this day, but I also got to spend the day with some very good friends back in Houston. I even got to spend election night in my old apartment which was really special!
After voting, Tracy (one of my bridesmaids) and I met for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. We both had the Cobb Salad and shared a slice of Macadamia Nut Caramel Cheesecake...mmmmmm! We had so much fun.

I spent the rest of the evening back at my old place which was very surreal and very fun!
Kristina, who once used to be my next door neighbor, (and also a bridesmaid) created a delicious meal in her kitchen next door for our election party.

She cooked bowtie pasta with a mushroom and sundried tomato cream sauce...
and tossed in fresh basil.
Then whipped up a vinaigrette for our salad.






The table was set next door at Meredith's (my old place!)
Meredith on the phone after dinner...








...and Kristina texting.
Obama just won a crucial state! It's getting really exciting!!!








VICTORY!!!! OBAMA WON!!!! We opened champagne and toasted the amazing win.
Kristina and Cassie during Obama's speech.











We all sit and listen to Obama's speech...what an historical moment!
I love Meredith's little needlepoint of downtown Houston seen here.
Notice Meredith's "to do" list on her chalk board...put a big check by that item!

No comments:

Post a Comment