Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Brunch

Today John and I had brunch with our good friend Richard at Asiate, a restaurant on the 35th floor of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.  I loved the brunch menu at this restaurant.  To start, we were each served a sampler plate of four one-bite appetizers - an edamame dumpling, a shot of butternut squash soup with toasted sesame seeds, beef carpaccio, and a miniature salmon tartine (which I gave to John).  For the entree we were able to choose two items that were served in half portions which made choosing so much easier.  I had the frittata and the lemon poppyseed waffle with blueberry compote.  Dessert was served the same way in that both dessert selections from the menu were presented in mini portions on small platters- spiced orange flan and a tiny carrot cake.
This picture of John doesn't show John's sweet face as much as I would have liked, but you can see the amazing view!

No comments:

Post a Comment